How to become a Real Estate Agent in Nebraska
I became a Licensed Real Estate Agent in Nebraska back in 2003 and it was one of the best things I ever did. When I look back at the time I remember being excited and overwhelmed at the same time. It’s difficult to find the resources needed and not feel overwhelmed with the process. You are in luck! Please reference this article to walk you through the process.
- The first step is to fill out an application with the Nebraska Real Estate Commission (NREC).
You will need to call the office to pay the fees in order to receive your application packet.
Also, use this link to request an application packet
- Undergo a criminal background check completing the fingerprint process as soon as possible. This process can take 4 to 6 weeks. Results will be sent to the Nebraska Real Estate Commission and you are responsible for paying the cost of the report. The cost is around $12.50
Address: 4411 S 108th St, Omaha, NE 68137
- While waiting for the commission to receive the report, you can complete the other items needed to finish your application:
- Complete 60 hours of pre-licensing education. Randall School of Real Estate is on of the more popular schools. http://randallschool.com/
- Must Have a High School diploma or GED
- Once the commission has received your satisfactory background report you may now schedule an examination. You must pass with a score greater than 75%
Before scheduling the examination you will need the following
Course Completion Certificate or Transcript from College/University
Salesperson Experience Questionnaire for Brokers (if Applicable)
High School Diploma or G.E.D
Lawsuit or Criminal Information on Application Complete
Current Passport-Type Photo
Work Experience Complete
Verification from School
- After passing the examination the Nebraska Real Estate Commission should have everything needed to issue a license.
- The final step is choosing a Brokerage to operate with. Red Key Real Estate is a new and exciting Agency geared at education and guiding new Agents through the process of closing their first transaction. It can take new Agents several years to become profitable. Find out how our fee schedule can be the key to your success. If you want to be on the fast track to starting your career let’s have coffee and talk about what Red Key Real Estate has to offer.